Monday, November 7, 2011

DINNER IN THE LIBRARY?

Huh?...We don't have a library...

Ever since I can remember my husband and I have dreamed of a home with a real "LIBRARY".  We have had homes with rooms that could have served as a library but opted to use those rooms as either guest bedrooms or computer/craft rooms...You know sometimes FUNCTION comes before wishes...however, one of the things we fell in love with in this little old house we bought last year was the BUILT IN bookshelves off one end of the living room, and so we now have the "library" we have always wanted...well, sort of...

To celebrate, I have set a table for two in the "library"...won't you join me...






Nothing says library better than dark woods, rich fabrics and; of course, books...I found this beautiful antique drum table last fall at a local antique shop for just $50.00...it is beautifully detailed with real brass feet and hardware (not shown)...I topped this beautiful table with a leopard print scarf, a few books, lamp and clock...I think this makes the perfect library setting...don't you?



I have used vintage frosted stemware and vintage cream and gold dinner and dessert plates at each place...These plates boast golden snowflakes (or at least what I believe to be snowflakes)...and are from the 1950's...



...very RETRO yet sophistocated in my opinion...



A vintage silver fork was tucked gently into a crisp white battenburg lace napkin, tied with gold ribbon and simply placed on top of the dinnerware...not necessarily a formal setting, but very elegant...









No table is complete without a little candlelight...



I saved one picture for last...actually I wasn't going to include this picture because it looks kind of CREEPY instead of romantic...but what the hey...CLUE was one of my favorite board games growing up so I just had to share it...as this picture says....Muhahaha...Colonel Muster did it in the "LIBRARY"



Well, thanks for joining me for DINNER IN THE LIBRARY...

I am joining some fabulous parties again this week...stop on by for a look, leave lots of comments, make friends and become a follower...

Tabletop Tuesday @ A Stroll Thru Life
Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style
Tablescape Thursday @ BNOTP
Rock N Share @ The Shady Porch
Primp your Stuff Wednesday @ Primp
Open House Thursday @ No Minimalist Here


CIAO AND HAVE A FABULOUS WEEK!!!

14 comments:

  1. You've set a warm, cozy and inviting table in your "library". Nicely done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your little library. Your table is just perfect and it is very cozy and romantic looking.I am now following.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think your tablescape for two in the library is so lovely. Love the cozy chairs and the way you pulled the table close to the shelves and added the lamp. Very pretty. I'm your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi lovely lady.
    I love your Tablescape for two just beautiful!!
    You did a great job putting this all together for you and your husband perfect so cozy for a cold night. Im your your newest follower on your blog now. I hope you can come see me also. I love comments. I also hope you have a great week with your family.
    XXOO Diane

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi! I found you through Shady Porch. I adore tablescapes and yours is really classy. I love it. Your photography is beautiful.

    So nice to meet you.
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your 'library', it is totally charming and what a romantic place to have dinner, especially with the beautiful way your have decorated the table. Lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this...your library brims of such nostalgia and charm...very pretty and tastefully done.

    So what time do you want me over???

    Your newest follower,

    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your dinner for two in the library. Looks warm and cozy too. Your design work is beautiful, I am your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love dinners for two, and you've set the perfect table in the perfect surroundings for a nice cozy meal. Everything looks just right! I've enjoyed your blog and am your newest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a nice cozy romantic table...love the vintage china.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a cozy place to have a dinner in 2 man hand. Fantastic!

    Your library is cool.

    Greetings from Stockholm,
    /chie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cozy but elegant! I love your library!

    ReplyDelete
  13. A library is whatever you make it, and you have done this room justice! The room that I am sure was meant to be our formal living room is used as our library. It gets a whole lot more use that way! I like the star spangled dishes. The stars are kinda retro. Cool! They remind me of the stars in the opening credits of "Bewitched". Remember that show? Very well done!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you...please leave me a comment!


Blogging tips