Monday, February 11, 2013

MAKING A STATEMENT...

They say..."they" being professional designers...that every room should have a "STATEMENT PIECE"...that being a special, one-of-a-kind piece of art, fabulous accessory or lighting.  Each room should have one something special!!  Well, the other day I found that something special for sis's room...and so without further ado...

...the piece de resistance





When I spotted this guy at a local thrift store I just had to have him.  I knew he was perfect for this spot atop sis's lingerie chest.  He's tall, white and large enough to fill the space perfectly but I was hesitant at first to put something like this in my home...you may laugh, but seeing as how our home is a Christian home, I didn't know if displaying a "greek god" is something I was comfortable doing, but I bought him anyway.  There's just something so captivating about him...don't you agree?

Well, it turns out he's no greek god after all.  I did a little googling to see if I could find out "who" this fellow is and of all things...he's MOSES of the bible...



Sorry this is not a very good pic, but this is the same statue and check out the price for this guy...$149.00.  There were other sites that had him for $175.00.  Ridiculous!!!! I only paid $10.00 for him.  The hubs says I paid about $10.00 too much lol, but I think I got a bargain and he certainly does make a statement.





So tell me, what "statement" pieces do you have in your home?






Sharing at these fabulous parties:

My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia...Tuesday's Treasures
Coastal Charm...Nifty Thrifty Tuesday
Savvy Southern Style...Wow Us Wednesday
From My Front Porch To Yours...Treasure Hunt Thursday
No Minimalist Here...Open House Party

No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you...please leave me a comment!


Blogging tips