Thursday, July 21, 2011

BATHROOM REMODEL...UPDATE

Not long ago I got this BRIGHT idea to remodel our main floor bath...it's a small bath so I figured I could do a remodel in no time...you know, like a week or two...yeah right!...well, I am STILL working on this LITTLE remodel...a month later...and I still have a BUNCH to do...

...now I left off on PART ONE of this remodel with the cabinets, door and window painted a nice white but still needing to rehang the cabinet doors, rip out the SECOND layer of floor tile, and other things...well...GOOD NEWS...the cabinet doors are rehung (minus one hinge... as Ms. Brilliant, MOI...lost it)...




...and... I FINALLY got the second layer of flooring out...








...whew!!!...I am excited to have gotten that second layer of flooring out...it was a real booger ...if you know what I mean...and it took a LOT of work....it was glued down REALLY well...



...now I just have to sand it smooth and prepare it for the new tile...which by the way...I have finally picked out...



I chose this light tan marbly looking ceramic tile...I thought it would compliment the white cabinets and the soon to be board and batten walls well....and also because I SNAGGED it on clearance for only...$11.22 a box...



...but, before I install the new floor I have to rip out the tile wall, take out the sink and toilet, and install the board and batten...wish me luck and....oh and...God SPEED!

4 comments:

  1. Eeek... what a huge project you've taken on!! Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have a big, but exciting project ahead! I love board and batten! Best of luck with it all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My you are tackling a rather large project. Go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi again ...this is Nancy Terrill and I am so happy for you. Your renovations will be gorgeous when they are done!!! I love following your progress :)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you...please leave me a comment!


Blogging tips