Tuesday, October 11, 2011

BEDROOM CURTAINS...CHIC ON THE CHEAP

A month or so ago, I started redoing my pitiful master bedroom.  I got RID of the pink and flowers, Yay!!!  I started with a fresh coat of paint (Nomadic Desert Plains by Glidden)...a nice neutral cream color, and added some leopard print sheets to the white duvet set I already had.




The next step was to add some curtains...I wanted to incorporate more of the white and leopard print into the mix.  What I had in mind could NOT be purchased at any of the local stores (or probably any store for that matter) soooo, I had to make them. 



It took me a while to FIND the material I needed as we only have ONE fabric store in the area (a quilting shop) and they didn't have what I was looking for.  My next thought was to search the thrift stores...I'm GLAD I did because I found something I could use...A white king size COTTON BEDSHEET for $2.00...PERFECT.  I already had some light colored leopard print fabric on hand (which was my inspiration piece for this room redo)...If you will remember, I found it while thrifting a few months back...I got 2 yards for $1.00.  I had a little brown fabric left over from when I recovered some pillows on my couch a couple years ago (Yes, I keep things that long)...anyway that was everything I needed...




I cut the bedsheet LENGTHWISE into four pieces to make two pairs of curtains.  I added a wide strip of the brown and leopard print to the top of each panel to make a valance type of look and hung them from the rod with clips.  I love how they turned out and the best part this project only cost me a total of $3.00.



I have a few more things to do in here before I can say I'm finished (is that ever possible...to be FINISHED with a room?)....I have some cute wall art in mind for over the headboard but I am still looking for just the right frames to finish that up...I still need to do a little something with the lighting...not to mention, I still have to paint the window frames and doors...busy, busy, busy...but I hope to be done by Christmas...wish me luck!!!

Linking up to these great parties...stop by and have a look!!

Metamorphasis Monday @ BNOTP
Wow Us Wednesday @ Savvy Southern Style
Thrifty Things Friday @ The Thrifty Groove
Show Your Creations Friday @ Kristens Creations



5 comments:

  1. Wow, you did a great job on those drapes, Sheila! I have seven windows to do in a sunroom in our new place but I have some curtains I might be able to add some fabric, too, now that I see yours. It would definitely be the more inexpensive route!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the curtains! you did a great job! This is my first visit, I'm visiting from Thrifty Groves Thrifty Friday Party. I'm your newest member!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! I search for different sheets when thrifting all the time. I use them so many ways. I love how the curtians turned out. they look perfect! Thank you for being part of TTF and have a fun day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I love your bed sheet! Animal print home decors fascinate me to no end. I believe it has grown to be a fad this year. And oh, I didn't notice that the window curtains match the sheet. Nice job!

    Kathy Carbone

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you...please leave me a comment!


Blogging tips