So what do you have planned for this beautiful fall weekend? Are you thinking about taking a trip to the PUMPKIN PATCH? Ooooh, I just love the pumpkin patch. It's one of my favorite things about fall. Another of my favorite things about fall is all the yummy things I get to make out of those little pumpkins we bring home. Things like crispy, crunchy toasted PUMPKINS SEEDS. Mmmm!
I toasted my first batch of the year last night. Only this time instead of just seasoning them with salt, I added a sweet little spin to my recipe in the form of some Cinnamon and Brown Sugar. Nummmmm, they were sooooo good that I may never go back to just plain ol' salty pumpkin seeds again. Seriously!!
Here's the recipe just in case you bring a few pumpkins back from the patch this weekend and are in the mood for a sweet (healthy and vitamin packed) treat...
1 Whole Pumpkin
1/2-1 Tbsp. Cooking oil
2 Tbsp. Brown sugar
1 Tsp. Cinnamon
Dash of salt
- Scoop all the seeds and innards from your pumpkin.
- Separate the seeds from the innards and rinse in warm water.
- Pat dry with a few paper towels.
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees...
- Place seeds in a small bowl with cooking oil. Toss seeds to mix well.
- Add Brown Sugar, Cinnamon and salt to the bowl and mix.
- Spread seeds in an even layer on a cookie sheet and place in the oven for 45-50 minutes or until golden brown. Give the pan a shake to toss the seeds every 10-15 minutes to make sure they toast evenly.
- Remove from oven and let cool a few minutes, then ENJOY!
It's that EASY!!!
I hope you will make it a point this season to toast and enjoy some of these Brown Sugar & Cinnamon pumpkin seeds. They really are tasty and they are good for you. Pumpkin seeds have a ton of essential vitamins and minerals that are good for your eyes, skin and hair...and get this, they are LOW FAT too.
Happy Fall Y'all!!