Friday, March 6, 2015

SWEET & SOUR ZOODLES PLUS A PEEK AT HOW THE DINING ROOM CHAIRS ARE COMING ALONG...

Happy WEEKEND!!

Okay I know you have read the title and might be thinking this is turning into a foodie blog, especially since I just posted a spaghetti squash recipe earlier this week...SKINNY SPAGHETTI SQUASH CHICKEN ALFREDO...I promise it's not but I did get a chance to cook up some SWEET & SOUR ZOODLES (zucchini noodles) this week so I figured I would share that recipe with you too.  I hope you don't mind.

































Here's what you will need to make your own SWEET & SOUR ZOODLES...

















Once you have gathered all your ingredients and chopped all your veggies, heat your olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat...






Throw in all your veggies and saute for 3-4 minutes or until they are al dente (cooked but still a little firm)...If you wanted to add some chicken or pork to this recipe you could do that at the same time you saute your veggies.



Throw in the zoodles and sauce and let everything cook for another few minutes...



Serve up with a little soy sauce and an egg roll or two and ENJOY!!!































QUICK and EASY!

I love zoodles and I have tried them a couple different ways in the past month or so.  They are super easy to make, really good for you and they are truly tasty.

To make the zucchini noodles I used the Veggetti that I found for $15 at Dollar General in the "As seen on TV" section.  It's super easy to use and doesn't take up much room.




I hope you will try this recipe. IT'S REALLY GOOD!

Now on for some way more important news...PROGRESS ON THE DINING ROOM CHAIRS---

They are all painted, distressed and sealed...all SIX of them...and boy that took awhile!!!!, I have now begun the upholstery.  I got two of them finished last night.  They look FANTASTIC!! if I do say so myself...





I love the silver nail heads (which are actually just plain ol' thumbtacks, shhhh) with the natural colored trim I found at Joann Fabric & Crafts and the linen look fabric I already had.




Very SOPHISTICATED and very Restoration Hardwareish, don't you think?

Of course you know I will be willing to share a full reveal of all six chairs with you once they are done AND, when they are done, I will be starting on the table.  I can't wait!

Until then, I hope you have a wonderful day and do be sure to enjoy the weekend too.  It is supposed to be a little warmer and more spring like.  Sounds good to me. I'll take it!

Ciao,



No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you...please leave me a comment!


Blogging tips