Wednesday, March 11, 2015

THE BEGINNINGS OF A FARMHOUSE DINING TABLE...

Hey!

Just a quick post to let you all know that the dining room chairs are officially done.  YAY!!

I don't have any pictures of them to show you as of yet as it has been VERY cloudy, dark and rainy here the past few days and since the time change it's also been too dark to snap any morning shots before heading off to work. No fear though, I will make sure you get to see them soon.

In the meantime, I did want to show you the beginnings of my new FARMHOUSE DINING TABLE.

We bought the wood over the weekend...


Doesn't look like much, does it?

We cut all the pieces to length Monday evening after work and then put the base together last night.



Now comes the hard part...putting the top together.  Every board has to be perfectly flush and even with one another to get a smooth table top. I hope that's easier than it sounds.

I have been wanting this table for a long time though so I think I am up for the challenge.

The only fear I have about this whole project is the fact that I had to use pressure treated, water resistant lumber for the legs. That's all I had available to me as the stores around these parts do not sell untreated 4x4 lumber. I'm not sure I will be able to get them to stain right. It will take at least six months for them to dry out enough to apply the stain and even then the stain has to be oil based. So, it looks as if I am going to have a table with green legs for at least six months. Not quite the look I was going for but every DIYER knows that EVERY project has its challenges. No worries!! I'm just so happy this table is finally being built.

I can't wait so see it all put together and in place.

Have a great day!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you...please leave me a comment!


Blogging tips