Wednesday, May 4, 2016

TREASURES FROM BAKERS CREEK SEED CO.

Howdy!  As promised I am back today to show you what I bought at the Bakers Creek Seed Co. annual spring planting festival that we went to on Sunday.


This is not the seed packet I purchased!!


Truthfully, I went with only one thing in mind...finding organic Spaghetti Squash seeds.  I have looked for spaghetti squash seeds in our area for the past two years but could not find any.







When I found Baker Creek Seed Co. here in Missouri and found out that all their seeds are organic, I couldn't miss the opportunity to go get me some seeds.  Yes I could've ordered them online or by mail from their free catalog...




but what's the fun in that especially since they have an entire pioneer village to enjoy.

Anyway, we are not planting a large garden this year because we are still looking to sell our house but I am determined that I will be growing Spaghetti squash and zucchini as well as tomatoes anyway.  My only seed purchase was the spaghetti squash seeds since we already have a few tomato and zucchini plants going.  I hope that if we are still in this house come harvest time that we have a bumper crop of all three.  Yummmmm!!!

While visiting some of the many vendors booths at the festival I bought a little something...that I really didn't need...and something I could easily make myself...but they were just so stinkin' cute I had to have one.  Plus the ladies selling them were of my same faith and all the proceeds were going to their church so I figured it couldn't hurt to support the church and all...wink, wink!!

Anyway, here it is...








a FEED SACK TOTE BAG.  Isn't it sooooooo adorable?  I don't have any animals and I don't live on a farm but I am going to find me some feed sacks somewhere and make some of these myself.  They are perfect for toting around crafting stuff, crochet stuff or for taking to the grocery store.  Plus the "plastic tarp type fabric" is easily washable with a sponge and little soap and water.  No washing machine required!!






My other purchases were from a swap meet we stopped at on the way home.  Wooden cheese boxes. I have been looking for a few of these to use for soap molds when I start making some homemade organic soaps soon.  Wooden molds made especially for soap making are around the same size and same kind of wood but are pretty expensive.  I figure I saved myself around $40.00 by getting these....besides these are WAY cooler than any traditional soap mold, right?






Anyway, I am super excited to get my seeds planted and to put my other purchases to good use.

What did you do this past weekend?  Anything fun?  Anything exciting?



No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you...please leave me a comment!


Blogging tips