Tuesday, September 20, 2016

WE TRADED SPACES AGAIN....

A few years ago the hubs and I traded spaces with the Sis.  We gave her the master bedroom and we took the bedroom upstairs.  Well, all that has changed again.  She is now back upstairs and we are on the main floor.

We gave sis our old bedroom furniture because we didn't want to have to haul it downstairs...that sleigh bed is a real beast...not even kidding.  She really didn't want our old stuff but it is best for the time being...especially since she is not willing to fork out her own hard earned money for what she wants...hahaha.

Anyway, sis has wanted a nautical themed room for a while...actually she changes her mind about as much as I do...so about the time I get done with her room she'll be wanting something else....LOL....so I decided to try and use what I could find at home to add a little nautical flair to her "new" room without spending a bunch of money.  I didn't have much and what I did have is more beachy/coastal than nautical but it's better than nothing and I like how it's turning out.

We still have lots of accessorizing to do.  I need some shells and driftwood to accessorize the bedside tables and I would like to either sand the furniture down to bare wood for a light driftwood beachy vibe or paint it white, but that's probably not going to happen for a while. That's more hard work than I want to engage in right now.

Also I will be making a pallet art sign for over the headboard that she wants...which will say "JESUS ANCHOR OF MY SOUL"....but now without further ado let me show you a few pics...














We used the white ruffle bedding and aqua sheets she already had.  I added a couple Pottery Barn pillows that I found at the thrift store for $1 each.

Of course you know from my last post that I made the faux capiz shell chandy.  I think that's my favorite thing so far.


While I was at it, I gave the landing a little makeover.  It's not coastal but it is in keeping with the coastal color palette I have been using upstairs...aquas, whites and grays.




Now I need to do a little work to the master bedroom. Ugh...just thinking about it makes me tired.  HEHE.  Anyway, when I get some of those things done I will share.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you...please leave me a comment!


Blogging tips