Monday, January 16, 2017

KITCHEN REMODEL....PART 1....NO TURNING BACK NOW!!!

Hey all.  Had a long weekend...icy weekend...with some power outages.  Thankfully the outages were mostly at night when we were snuggled under the blankets and didn't have to worry about heat too much. UGH!.  Have I ever told you that winter is NOT my favorite time of year...but I guess I shouldn't complain because I did get an extra day off work.  YAY!!

Now any normal person would relax and snuggle up in front of the fireplace with a good book and take it easy over a long wintry weekend, right?  Well not us...we were busy....really busy doing this...









Yes, we started tearing down that wall between the kitchen and dining room.

Now you would think this would be an easy job...and it would have been...if we had a normal house that was put together with a little drywall; but, we DO NOT have a normal house!!!  There is nothing normal about it!!  Our walls are plaster...can anyone say MESSY!  Yes, this was the messiest job we have tackled to date...and the biggest one.

THERE IS DUST EV.ERY.WHERE!!!!!!!...THROUGHOUT THE WHOLE HOUSE...EVEN THOUGH WE HAD THE ROOM SEALED OFF!!

There is electrical wires to move and come to find out a heater duct too; plus, this is a loading bearing wall that will require a header beam.  YAY ME!!!

We should have that all done by the end of the week and then we will tackle all the trim work and I will show you an updated picture of the wall removed in the next post.

You know, I THINK I MUST BE CRAZY!!!...removing a wall...gutting the entire kitchen...BUT THERE IS NO TURNING BACK NOW!!

On the bright side, I will have a new kitchen when all is said and done.

I am going for this look....




Does anyone recognize this from Fixer Upper?

Anyway, here are a few of my material choices....all from Home Depot.










Traffic Master Allure Ultra Resilient flooring in Espresso Oak and quartz counter tops in White arabesque.




Hampton Bay white shaker cabinets


Liberty drawer pulls in polished nickel

I am still trying to talk the hubs into a backsplash like these...



He wants something smooth but I love this.  I guess we'll see who wins. Hehehe.

That's it for now.  Be back soon with more updates on this...I must have been crazy...adventure.

Ciao,



No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you...please leave me a comment!


Blogging tips