Monday, January 23, 2017

KITCHEN REMODEL....WALL REMOVAL UPDATE...

If you live in Missouri I am certain you enjoyed the weather Saturday.  It was gorgeous and I was hoping to get a good amount of work done on the kitchen remodel; but, we had to make a run to Home Depot Friday evening to pick up our flooring order and then I had play practice Saturday and church on Sunday which pretty much took up the entire weekend.  Needless to say I didn't get as much done on the kitchen as I had hoped.

I wanted to have the wall completely out, have the new drywall up and have everything trimmed out but no such luck.  We did however manage to get the wall completely removed and header in place.







Now that was a feat in itself!!!










The header weighed about a bazillion lbs. and it was just me and hubs lifting it into place.  I have to say I am SO RELIEVED that part is done though we still have some leveling to do.  I can tell you the rest of this remodel will be a piece of cake in comparison to getting that wall out!  I was on pins and needles and sick to my stomach the whole time until that header was installed.  The fear of the house collapsing on top of us was unnerving!!!!!  Anyway, that part is done and I am so thankful to have it out of the way.

Next on the list is finishing out the opening, tearing out the cabinets, removing the old appliances and installing the new flooring.

I will be back as soon as I can with updates.  Hope to see you soon.

Ciao,


No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you...please leave me a comment!


Blogging tips