Monday, April 21, 2014

1 EGG, 2 EGGS, 3 EGGS, MORE & AN EASTER WEEKEND PROJECT...

Good Afternoon all.  How did your Easter go?  Did you do anything special?

Other than attending Easter services we pretty much just stayed home.  The weather was great so we barbecued instead of cooking the traditional ham for Easter dinner.  Earlier this week though I was super busy making these for the church fundraiser...





Chocolate covered Easter Egg shaped pound cakes...





They are SOOOO delicious...





The church I grew up attending in Illinois started the tradition of making and selling these scrumptious cakes. It was all started by my mom and my best friends mom in the '70's in an effort to raise funds to support our assembly.  They have been sold every year since and are still selling them today nearly 40 years later.  I introduced them to our church here in Missouri and we are now making and selling them for Easter each year.

We sold around 30 dozen cakes this year so I made a LOT of these...





So many I think I had them coming out of my ears.  Of course I didn't do all of them, the other ladies from church helped and we got them all done just in time for Easter.

Just looking at them makes my mouth water.  Are YOU hungry yet?  We will be making them again next year if you think you might be interested in ordering some.




I would give you the recipe in case you would like to make them for yourself, but...it's a SECRET, so if I gave it to you I would have to kill you afterwards.

Just kidding!  Here is the recipe:


























After the Egg cakes were all finished and delivered I got outdoors and did a little yard work.  I cleaned out our little pond and got the fountain going.  I cleaned up the birdbath and filled it up so the birdies could do a little splish splashing.  I planted some lab lab seeds (I will explain what those are once they start growing and I can get some pictures of them)... I also dug up the front yard...





































Well not the entire front yard...




































I edged along the sidewalk to make some planting beds.  Mowing and weed eating in this area has always been a real booger so I figured this would make that job a lot easier.  I hope to have them ready to fill with plants and mulch by next weekend.  That is if I have enough energy and strength left to do it.  The edging alone has been enough to nearly kill me but I know the end result will be worth it.



No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you...please leave me a comment!


Blogging tips