Friday, September 26, 2014

A SNEAK PEEK AT THE BUFFET'S REPLACEMENT AND NEW CURTAINS...

TGIF!!!

So how are all of you this fine fall morning.  So glad it's Friday aren't you?  Yay, the weekend is here!

As I mentioned the other day, I bid farewell to the buffet. Yes, I sold it. It was a vintage bow front buffet that my husband bought me for Christmas this past year.  While it was lovely it was not my taste or style so I decided to sell it to someone who would appreciate it more.  With that said, I had to find it's replacement.

I have known for a while that I wanted a china hutch like this one from Restoration Hardware which retails for nearly $3000...


French Casement 4-Door Sideboard & Hutch


Yeah, I kind of knew I wouldn't be getting one of those.  However, I scoured Craigslist and found one that is similar in style...and MUCH cheaper...




$400.  Great price but there was ONE slight problem, I only had $250 to spend...needless to say I was BUMMED.  There was no way the seller was going to come down $150 on such a nice piece of furniture.

So I went back and scoured Craigslist again hoping I would find one cheaper but there was just nothing else that appealed to me.  I kept going back and looking at the one I wanted hoping there would be a price drop but NO, there wasn't.

As I repeatedly looked at this listing though, I noticed that it had been listed for more than 2 months which is quite a long time. So in my desperation I shot the seller an email hoping that in their desperation to sell they would consider taking $250 for it. Much to my surprise a few minutes later I received a response saying YES they would accept my meagerly amount for their gorgeous china hutch. I nearly fell off my chair I was SO ELATED!!

I immediately called the hubs and told him that my offer was ACCEPTED and that we needed to drive over 2 HOURS away to pick it up. He nearly fell off HIS chair! Hehe!!!  He asked, "Couldn't you have found one you liked that was a little closer to home?" I said NOPE, this is THE one!  He said okay with one stipulation, I had to promise him dinner out. Such a small price to pay, wouldn't you agree? So I took off work early and we headed up to Fulton, Missouri to pick her up.

I couldn't wait to get her home and fill'er up so I could share a little peek with you...
















She's mirrored and lighted and GORGEOUS! Of course, she isn't white like the beloved Restoration Hardware one...YET! She will be someday though as soon as I can figure out how to get the glass out so I can paint the backside of the window muntins. That might be a while! OR, I might keep her the way she is.  We shall see...decisions, decisions!

In other news, I finally have curtains up...YAY.

I didn't put my homemade ones back up after painting the living room and dining room a few months ago as they were entirely too stiff and didn't hang right. The story of my life it seems...but since I only spent $5.00 on the material for them, I wasn't too upset about it. Besides, I can always use the fabric for something else.

If you have been reading this here blog for any amount of time you know that I have struggled for four years to find the perfect right size curtains for these two rooms. Eighty-four inch ones are too short. Ninety six inch ones are too expensive...and on and on.

Well, I finally found THE perfect curtains...for reals this time...the perfect length, the perfect price, the perfect everything!!! Here's a little sneak peek...




They are from IKEA. They are super cheap and all around perfect.  I will give you the full details soon. Promise!

Until then, HAVE A GREAT WEEKEND!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you...please leave me a comment!


Blogging tips