Tuesday, September 2, 2014

A FEW UPDATES TO SIS'S ROOM FEATURING SOME NEW BEDDING AND DIY WALL ART...

Morning all.  How was your holiday weekend? Mine was good.  My only wish was that it was another day or two longer.  You?

With all the BBQ's and other holiday activities I didn't get nearly as much accomplished around the house as I had planned but I did make a few changes to sis's room.

I have been so excited about how great the DIY upholstered, button tufted headboard turned out that I couldn't wait to get back in there and make some more changes.

I started by moving the furniture around a bit. I LOVE the new arrangement! The room seems less cramped and so much larger now. It always amazes me at how much a simple thing like furniture placement can make such a big difference in a room.






This is what the room looked like before...






Not bad but wasn't quite what we were wanting in here.  It's really starting to take shape now though.

I especially love the new gorgeous ruffled bedding that I had ordered from Amazon.com a few weeks ago. You can find some really good deals on Amazon. I got the bedding and a bed skirt all for under $40.00. Can't beat that! I'm not too thrilled with the bed skirt because it wasn't long enough and it's too sheer but it will be okay. The bedding though is soft and gorgeous. It's PERFECT!





As you may have noticed I also added some new art above the headboard.  I had seen some black and white prints at Lowes that I absolutely loved and that I thought would be perfect for sis's room but they were $20.00 each.  Not in my budget for sure seeing as how I wanted three of them, but the Lord blessed me this past week and I found three matching black frames in just the perfect size at a local thrift store for just $2.50 each.  I knew right as soon as I saw them that they would be perfect for some DIY art for this room.

They were actually Enterprise rental car framed posters that I suppose Enterprise didn't need. They were still in the box so they were brand spanking new...




































I turned the poster part over and cut an 8x10 section from the center of each to make white picture mats and then printed off large black and white flower art from the computer. I put it all together and in under 30 minutes had three gorgeous black and white prints for a grand total of $7.50.  




























I know...gorgeous, right? I still can't believe God blessed me with those frames for just a few dollars.


























































Of course there is still more to do in here...new curtains, maybe some new sheets and throw pillows, bedside table tweaking, more orange to get rid of and a few other DIY projects but I am thrilled with it so far.




It's just so lovely and feminine. Perfect for sis. I can't wait to get it done.

So, what did you do over the holiday weekend?



No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you...please leave me a comment!


Blogging tips