Monday, August 4, 2014

ONE DIY QUEEN SIZE BUTTON TUFTED HEADBOARD FOR UNDER $25...

Happy Monday y'all!

Well I managed to finish the button tufted headboard for sis over the weekend. YAY!!































Though it is not perfect, it's good enough for us and I think it's super cute.  The best part...I spent less than $25.00 to make this myself.  That beats spending upwards of $300.00 for one any day, right?

Cost breakdown:

$7.65 for one 4'x8' Utility board
$2.00 for foam mattress at yardsale
$1.00 for fabric at thriftstore
$5.50 for buttons, upholstery thread and needles
$3.00 for screws
$0.00 for partial frame from an old headboard

I will admit that this was not a one person job.  I did everything myself...

































































until it was time to do the tufting....































The headboard was just WAY too long and too tall for my arms to reach both sides of the headboard at the same time to thread the button on, pull the thread through and staple everything down, so the hubs helped (that's why there's more wrinkles than there should be.  He didn't pull the fabric taught like I showed him), but I didn't complain because he was a really good sport to spend his free time on Saturday afternoon helping me when he would have rather been doing something else.































Secretly though I think he enjoyed working with me on this project and I enjoyed having him there to help. He's my sweetie!



























And with that this room makeover has officially begun.  Now I'm ready to order some new curtains and bedding for this room.

I'm thinking the Ferle curtains from Ikea would be nice...



and I am loving this ruffle bedding...



Twin Miley Mini Ruffle Comforter Set White



I think it would be perfect.  I can't wait until I have saved enough pennies to order everything.  Of course you can be sure that I will keep you updated.


In other news, now that the headboard is done, I am working on a little project for the kitchen.  Can you guess what it will be?...





























I hope to be back later this week with all the details.  See you then!



1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing such great information.
    It has help me in finding out more detail about portico comforters

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you...please leave me a comment!


Blogging tips