Friday, April 10, 2015

INDUSTRIAL STYLE WINDOWSILL HERB GARDEN...

Happy Friday Y'all!  So glad it's the weekend.  How about you?

Have you heard about the Lowes "SPRING BLACK FRIDAY SALE" going on April 9 - April 20?  Yes? no? maybe?  Well in case you haven't heard, Lowes is having a BIG sale in the garden and landscaping area for the next couple of weeks.  It's HUGE!  I went last night to pick up a couple of things I had been wanting for a while and got them all on sale.

I discovered a while back that I love cooking with fresh herbs (mainly I love eating them, hehehe); however, they can be quite expensive to buy in those little packages in the produce section at the grocery store.  Needless to say I would usually end up using powdered herbs and spices in my food, a less tasty option for sure.

I decided the best way to have fresh herbs at my disposal was to have a small windowsill herb garden in the kitchen. Fresh herbs all the time right at my fingertips!  It would have fresh Basil...












Rosemary...




& Cilantro...









And they would all be contained in a super cute, really cool windowsill sized tray like this old electrical box I found at a local antique store a while back.





















With it's cute little name plate








and adorable little handle...It's PERFECT!!!

I bought peat pots and soil and tried to start my herbs from seed more than a few months back.  While the seeds did germinate and start to grow, they never got very big and just didn't pan out. See, I told you I have a black thumb. Ugh.

I knew my only other option, if I was going to get my cute little herb garden, was to buy live, already grown (by someone else) plants BUT...that is not possible in the dead of winter around here.

So I had to wait and wait and wait and then finally a week or so ago the stores FINALLY started stocking their shelves with garden goodies. Yay, I could finally fulfill my dream of having a small indoor herb garden at my cooking fingertips.

When I saw Lowes "Spring Black Friday Sale" add yesterday I couldn't get there fast enough because Y'all...they had my herb plants on sale for just $2.00 each.  THAT'S CHEAP!!!  Regular price is $3.68 each so I got mine for nearly half price.  YAHOO!!

I loaded up my cart with a pot of fresh Basil...check....Rosemary....check.....and Cilantro...check








and for just a little more than the cost of a few snippets of fresh herbs at the grocery store, I will have fresh herbs in abundance right in my kitchen year around!!

That's why today I am totally excited to FINALLY be able to share with you my super cute, yummy smelling, very tasty INDUSTRIAL STYLE WINDOWSILL HERB GARDEN.




 Isn't it cute?







I wish y'all could smell them through the screen. Oh my goodness, it's heavenly!

Now I can't wait to get cooking!

I may just have to go back to Lowes and get a few more varieties of herbs this weekend...maybe some Mint, Thyme and possibly some Lavender...BEFORE THEY'RE GONE!

Maybe I'll see you there. Ciao!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you...please leave me a comment!


Blogging tips