Wednesday, July 8, 2015

THINKING ABOUT VACATION...

The Rodgers family will be heading off on vacation this coming weekend....YAYYYYY!!!! It's a much NEEDED time away.  Reservations have been made at a cabin near Mark Twain Lake and I have been scouring Pinterest for all sorts of fun ideas to make this vacation as fun filled as possible.

I have looked for fun and unique meals to have like foil packs....





Chili over cornbread waffles...







Philly Cheese steak sloppy joes....MMMM...





Omelets in a bag...






or Blueberry foil pack french toast for breakfast...






For dessert...




Waffle cone s'mores....OMGOODNESS!!!

I have also added in a few activities to do with the kids like play frisbee, put together a BIG puzzle, make pet rocks, have a scavenger hunt...




and water balloon batting practice....






which my baseball playing 9 year old will LOVE! and...

Vacation wouldn't be complete without a couple of funny photo opportunities...









I bought a HUGE box of rubber bands just for the occasion...hehehe!

I can't wait to try all these ideas out.  You know I will share them with you when I get back.

I wonder if I will have success or if I will be coming back with a whole bunch of Pinterest fails.  WE SHALL SEE!

No matter what, it will be FUN and it will be VACATION!!!...and I am SOOOOO ready!

Do you have any vacation plans?  Do tell!  I read ALL my comments!

PS.  To the sweet friend who told me that she has TRIED several times to leave me a comment but couldn't, I have changed the blogs settings so that anyone can comment now, even the non-registered users. I had set the program to only accept comments from registered users a few years back because I was getting some unwanted MEAN and UGLY commentors here.  For now though anyone can comment so be sure to leave me a word...or two. I can't wait to hear from you...all!!

Have a fabulous day! I'll be back after vacation!



2 comments:

  1. Enjoy vacation with your family! We have made bag oilers several times. Don't go cheap on your plastic bags or risk eggs in your boil water. ;)

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you...please leave me a comment!


Blogging tips