Wednesday, August 19, 2015

BUBS' ROOM...THE LAST FRONTIER...

Howsa everyone!!  I got the chance to snap a few pics over the past few days so I decided to share with you today what I have been up to this week.

Mainly I have been tackling the last frontier in our house...the Bubs' room. Dun, dun, dun!! It's a room that I have needed to do something with for a LONG time.  We painted it in our school colors (black and gold) shortly after moving in...at the bubs' request, of course...








But that's as far as it got, mainly because we I really didn't have a solid design plan for it then, and other things took precedence. You know how that goes, right? Besides, I really didn't care for how it was turning out...can anyone say BRIGHT...(plus the Little Tikes car bed from his old room was so not doing it for me here...hehehe) so I just decided to ignore it for a while (for like almost 5 years)....you know, hoping that it would all go away because I really didn't feel like messing with it at that point.  Huh, now you see a side of me I have never shown you before...that I don't care, I'm not dealing with it anymore side!!

Anyway, since we are going to be refinishing the floors starting this weekend, I wanted to get all the painting in the house done as I don't want to take the chance of dripping any paint on the new floors...cause you know how messy a painter I am.  Hahaha.  Needless to say I have been painting pretty much non stop for the past few weeks.  Ceilings, crown, window frames, door jams, etc., etc. The one place left to tackle was bubs' room.  Oh dread!!!  Basically ever surface, doors, trim, everything needed a fresh coat of paint but I needed a design plan so I could decide what color everything needed to be.  The bubs wanted blue but I was not about to let him pick his own colors again!!  So, I turned to Google and Pinterest for inspiration because I know I can always find something I love like these gorgeous boys rooms...




































After looking around I decided that I wanted to go with a vintage industrial feel to the room (as if you couldn't tell) and I also want to add in some of the St. Louis Cardinals baseball stuff that bubs wants. Something like this...








Once all that was decided I picked my paint colors.  White for the trim, which I already had, and Mindful Gray (Sherwin Williams) for the walls.  I tackled the trim, doors and black stripes first with primer and then paint but I'm thinking I should've started with the walls.













My edger was sloppy and I had to do a lot of fussing with everything...UGH... but I got it all done and it looks great...











With that, we are now ready to start tackling the floors.  Once they are done I can get started on the fun part of doing this room...THE DECOR.  As you can see, bubs already has a three drawer chest of drawers that I will be transforming for the space and I also found a few things at a local flea market for it the other day...




Now I just need to find a bed, a desk, light fixture.....Can't wait!!

So that's where we are.  We will be starting to move all the furniture out of the house tomorrow night so that the floors can be cleared and cleaned for sanding to begin on Monday. I hope to be able to get a few moments to take pictures to keep you all up-to-date on our progress but I don't know if that will be possible. We will be living in my SIL's camper until everything is done.

PLEASE pray for us that we can do this job and do it well. Any kind of screw up will cost us a lot of money we don't have to fix and truthfully I am pretty worried about it. This will be the biggest, hardest and most expensive job to date, besides painting the exterior of the house, that we have ever attempted. We seriously need your prayers.  Thanks!!!



1 comment:

  1. This reminds me of my sons room when he was younger. Except it was bright blue and orange. Had to do lots of priming to get that stuff covered enough to repaint. Love your design plan. Have fun with the shopping and decorating part. I love that look.

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you...please leave me a comment!


Blogging tips