Wednesday, March 23, 2011

RED ROOSTER KITCHEN

Our little house, built in 1939 is not equipped with a fancy state of the art kitchen and all the modern aminities one could desire, but it WORKS and that's all that matters. 

It was in pretty sad shape when we moved in...


...but I have managed to get it cleaned and painted...although this is a small room, it gets a LOT of natural light so I painted it a rich, deep, vibrant RED ("Bourdeaux" from Royal Paints Historic Collection) which I think turned out fabulous.  The only thing I would change is the sheen...it's a little too shiny for my taste so that might have to change...EVENTUALLY...



....I took a SHORT break after the cleaning and painting...but then I got back to work and threw up some decor...you know to make it feel more homey like...my old kitchen sported ROOSTERS so that is what I have gone with in here...which is fitting with the style of this little COUNTRY kitchen.







The fruit motif on the upper cabinets was already here, it is sooo sweet and it really works well with the red and the roosters.



...it also works well with these valances I made....you can find out more about that HERE...I thought the fruit, flowers and roosters would clash...but to my surprise...it WORKS.




After leaving our modern mansion (the one with all those modern LUXURIES) for our cute little vintage home, we were sure we would have a BIG problem adjusting to our LITTLE kitchen.  After all it is very TINY, it doesn't have an island, it doesn't have slide-outs, it doesn't have a built-in microwave or a walk-in pantry like our other kitchen, but surprisingly enough we have adjusted AND we actually LIKE it. 



So now you know all about my RED ROOSTER KITCHEN!

4 comments:

  1. Wow....love it! Your kitchen is beautiful, love the red and white and of course the rooster theme. You have inspired me. Looking forward to more posts and pics. Diane

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sheila! I'm a Shelia too - spelled differently! I love your red kitchen! About a year ago my kitchen was just about the same color red as yours! I've since painted it yellow but enjoyed it tremendously red for about 5 years! I love Roosters too! I'm becoming your newest follower! :)
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sheila...

    My friend, your kitchen is beautiful!!! I love it! I love the white vintage cabinets...sooo pretty! Ohhh...and the red walls are FABULOUS!!! I have about this same shade of red in my dining room and I love it! It has been that way for about 10 years now and I have never grown tired of it! I love how the red looks with all the white in your kitchen...very pretty! Ohhh...and the vintage fruit motifs on your cabinets are lovely! It's all of these special touches in the vintage homes that makes it all worth it...I mean, who needs a pantry anyway? Hehe! Thank you so much for sharing your fabulous kitchen transformation with us...this was such a treat!!!

    I also wanted to thank you for stopping by and taking a peek at my spring mantel! I sooo enjoyed your visit and sweet note, my friend!

    Warmest spring wishes,
    Chari @Happy To Design

    ReplyDelete
  4. Increasingly persons are adopting this strategy
    which they're obtaining pretty uncomplicated to practice.

    Here is my web page :: the flex belt reviews

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you...please leave me a comment!


Blogging tips