Monday, February 27, 2012

A FEW CHANGES

While away on the marriage retreat the hubby and I hit a few of the shops and stores in Branson.  One of those stores was Kirklands.  I have to admit I had never been in a Kirklands before, but can I just say...I LOVE KIRKLANDS!!!  Even my hubby said "hmmm, I like this store.  They have a lot of nice stuff and very reasonable prices."....I almost FELL OVER!  My husband does NOT like home decor stores and as miserly budget oriented as he is, has never said that any of them "had reasonable prices".  I leaned toward him and kissed his forehead just to make sure he didn't have a fever...LOL...I think maybe he was just playing into the being all sweet and romantic to your spouse thingie because we were at marriage retreat. HA

Anyway, I found a few things there that made it home with me.  They were having a sale on their sconces so I got a pair for the dining room (which I will show you later) and one for my bedroom.  I also found a beautiful piece of scroll work for over my bed for $14.00.

What do you think?  Did I do well?



I have to say "Thank God for Kirklands" because it was there that I finally found these few things I was looking for over my bed.  I still need a candle for the sconce and of course I still have a few other things to do to finish this master bedroom redo, but I'm almost done.  Of course, making the bed better would probably be a good start, but I'm getting there.  Really, I AM getting there!  I never intended for this room to take me so long to complete, but someday...Yes SOMEDAY...I will finally be done...only to start all over again. LOL!

Now I want to show you a little something I got from Hob Lob for the dining room. 




A vinyl wall decal.  I LOVE IT, don't you?  The written word makes such a HUGE statement!

When I visited my niece this past Christmas she had a few different vinyl decals on her walls and I just fell in love with them.  I knew then that I HAD to have one.  This one, like I said, is from Hobby Lobby and was $19.95 (I forgot to use my 40% off coupon)...I know, I know, I'm such a ditz sometimes...but enough about me...Hob Lob has a fairly good selection of these vinyl decals and I have seen some at other stores as well.  There is also a vast selection online if you can't find what you like in your local stores.  The best part is they are pretty inexpensive, they are easy to apply and they don't leave any pesky little holes in the wall that needs repaired later.  Just my little sales pitch for vinyl wall decals (you know, in case you want one for yourself).

Anyway there you have it, just a few of the things I have been working on around the house.  I have been working on more changes in the dining room and will be back soon to share those with you.  Until then, be good, stay out of trouble and, as mom would say, "please make sure you leave the house wearing clean underwear" (one never knows).  Ciao!!

Sharing at:  Between Naps on the Porch, Mrs. Hines Class, The Shady Porch, No Minimalist Here, Coastal Charm, A Stroll Thru Life, Savvy Southern Style, At the Picket Fence, The Thrifty Groove


6 comments:

  1. Your bedroom is looking fabulous. Love the iron scroll piece. Your vinyl words are perfect. Looking good. Hugs, marty

    ReplyDelete
  2. You bedroom ids pretty. I love the iron scroll work above the bed. Very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! Your mom sounds like a wise lady with a sense of humor! Don't you love have memorable little sayings from family that keeps 'em close?
    Love the His and Hers above the bed. I've been trying to figure out something for above the bed for what seems like ages. I really like your idea!
    I do love Kirklands too! They are very reasonable and they have pretty things.
    Thanks so much for sharing at my All Things Home link party!
    Sharon @ mrs. hines class

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your header...I really want one like that...it is "simply beautiful"....I really love the HIs/Hers over the bed..so creatively done...Looking forward to more of your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the newly added scroll piece over your bed! It adds just the right finishing touch to it! And the vinyl message is perfect! What a wonderful message to have in your home! Thank you so much for joining us at TTF this week! Have a fantastic day!

    ReplyDelete

I LOVE hearing from you...please leave me a comment!


Blogging tips