Tuesday, December 17, 2013

A LITTLE PEEK AT THE NEW FURNITURE...AND LAMPS

Happy Tuesday everyone.  How was your weekend?  Mine was great.  I took an extra long weekend off for my birthday as I had some vacation time I needed to use up before the end of the year.  I'm super glad to be back though because I missed you guys soooo much...really!

Anyway, my new furniture finally arrived Thursday evening and I totally love it.  It was a lot lighter in color than any of us were expecting though.  Instead of a medium smoky gray it's a light silvery gray but I can't complain.  It's beautiful and looks fabulous with everything.  Here's a little peek...

























Sorry for the odd stuff on the end tables, the fact that things are kind of positioned weird (to accommodate the Christmas decor) and the fact that it is dark out, but I just couldn't wait to snap a shot of it after I got home from work Thursday night.


























I love the rounded rolled arms and how curvy it is.  It's so graceful and elegant.  I also love the pillows. They are just the right size and the french script works great in here.  It looks great with my new curtains too which I will give you all the details on soon...I promise.


























I also got a new pair of lamps for my birthday...here's a little peek...




I might be taking the shades back because I'm not sure I like them (which is why I haven't taken the plastic off them yet) but the lamps are just what I have been looking for...

I have been looking for a shapely clear glass lamp for a while. I wanted something elegant and sophisticated and less traditional in style than my old lamps.  These fill the bill perfectly and were pretty reasonably priced at only $40.00.  They are from Lowes but I don't think all the stores carry them.  I found mine in Rolla, Missouri but the Sullivan store didn't have them.  I also did not see them online, but who knows. Anyway, I'm glad I found these and my hunt is now over.

I'm now on the hunt for some different end tables.  I can't afford new so I hope I find what I'm looking for at Goodwill or a local thrift store.  Of course you will be the first to know if I do.

Until next time, have a fabulous day!!!  Ciao



No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you...please leave me a comment!


Blogging tips