Thursday, December 12, 2013

DECKING THE HALLS IN THE DINING ROOM...

Hello.  Are you all frozen solid yet?  I think I am....teeth chattering...Last night was the coldest night of the year so far, only 7 degrees out, and it's not even officially winter yet.  Burrrrrrrr!!!

Anyway, it's nice and cozy inside where I have been decking the halls for Christmas.  Other than hanging some stockings in the living room, I am pretty much done there.  You can take a look HERE.  I think I am pretty much done with the dining room too.

In keeping with my "real" theme this year, I found a cute, yet scraggly, little cedar for the buffet which I nestled down into an old thrift store ice bucket and then wrapped in a cute little crocheted winter scarf to keep her all nice and warm.  I topped her with a sweet little glittery bow and added some miniature candy canes just for a little extra sweetness...


Sorry for my arm getting into the shot...ooops...

Anyway, I threw in a couple cake plates and serving pieces and then added in some of my homemade fresh pine garland (from the fallen branch I stole helped myself to from the Catholic church yard), sprinkled in some lights and a few red and green ornaments to finish it all off...


























Did you spot my new curtains in the mirror?  I am soooo excited about them and thankful to have finally found the right ones for this space.  I will give you all the details soon...I promise.

The large ornament candy jar in front of the tree was a cute little thrift store find a few weeks ago.  It was only $2.00 so I couldn't pass it up and it's just perfect for my little buffet arrangement...

























Let's see her all lit up, shall we...




Can you tell that the kitty has been playing with the tassel on the runner?  Yeah, I probably should've edited that out...but hey, just keeping it real here.  We live in our home and we like it that way, just sayin'...

Anyway, I didn't add any lights to the tree itself because they would be too heavy, besides I think it looks better without them, don't you?

I didn't go too crazy on top of the china cabinet on the other side of the room.  I simply used what I already had there and just added a few Christmasy touches...





Sorry for the bad pic.  It's so hard to get good pics in the early morning hours here, which in the winter months is the only time I am home when it's actually light out.

I think my Christmas decorations this year are my favorite out of all my decor from years past.  I love the fresh greenery and tree.  It's just so much more rich, beautiful and elegant than even the best faux out there.

I love that I have kept things simpler this year and did not move around a lot of my everyday decorations to achieve a festive feel.  That means there will be less to put away and store too.  That's always a good thing!

One more thing before I go...MY NEW FURNITURE IS ARRIVING TODAY...and just in time for my birthday....which happens to be today...Yayyy, I am soooo excited!!!  I will be back soon to share...promise...

Until then have a fabulous day!!! Ciao



No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you...please leave me a comment!


Blogging tips