Tuesday, May 26, 2015

$12 + 4 RUSTY WHISKEY BARREL RINGS = ONE FABULOUS GARDEN SCULPTURE...

So, how was your holiday weekend?

All I can say is we SURVIVED yet another holiday weekend here in "tourism" Missouri.  Yes, I say "survived" because we live smack dab in the middle of Missouri's Ozark Scenic Riverways and passing through our little town is the only way to get to those scenic riverways. Needless to say, the traffic here is a NIGHTMARE on holiday weekends.

Everyone starts driving in from the city on Thursday afternoon and when it's time to go home on Monday it looks like a mass exodus around here.  No kidding!, but while I hate the touristy part of it all, I really do love living here. It's simply beautiful, and other than the traffic, we had a terrific weekend enjoying some of our areas beautiful scenic riverways too.  I hope to share some of that later in the week.

Today I want to share a little project I worked on over the long weekend. It's something that I have been wanting to do ever since I found these awesome rusty whiskey barrel rings at my favorite local flea market a few months ago.








I got all four for just $12.

I knew from the very moment I saw them what I wanted to make with them...







A nice big metal orb "sculpture" for the yard.

I wanted to drill holes and use bolts and nuts to hold it all together but I got lazy and decided to just wire it together with bailing wire instead. Besides the hubs was too busy working on his boat to help me with it. The wire worked but it's not as secure as I would like it to be so I will probably (eventually) redo it with bolts and nuts. I really like how it turned out though and you can't beat a nice BIG "garden sculpture" for just $12.

Oh, by the way, did you notice that the cardboard weed barrier is all covered up? We finished laying mulch Friday evening and I got a few more things planted over the weekend. I will be back to share some pictures with you soon.

Ciao,



2 comments:

I LOVE hearing from you...please leave me a comment!


Blogging tips