Monday, May 18, 2015

MY SENTIMENTS EXACTLY...A NEW SIGN FOR THE PORCH...

You all are going to think I am "sign happy" when I tell you that I have hung yet another sign around this house. Yes that's right, ANOTHER sign!  This one is for the screened porch and actually I have had it for a couple of years, long before all the other signs were even dreamed up.  It's true!

When I saw it at the thrift store for $3.00 I couldn't pass it up because I knew it was simply perfect for the porch and shares my EXACT sentiments for spending quality time with friends and family. It has been waiting ever so patiently in the attic for the screened porch to be done.

Now that the porch IS finally done, I pulled the sign out of the attic the other day and gave it a quick makeover. It was sporting those 1990's hunter green and burgundy colors.  Remember those? Yes, I know you do! Anyway, those colors were the only thing about the sign that wasn't perfect and that did not work with what I have had in mind for my sweet little porch. It's just too bad I don't have any before pictures to share with you. I guess I was just TOO excited about this project that I started the makeover before pictures even crossed my mind. BAD BLOGGER!

The makeover was super easy. I simply sanded the sign down to bare wood, stained the words and frame with Minwax provincial, sanded again painted the relief white and then sealed it.

Now it's absolutely perfect for my soon to be rustic luxe style screened porch and shares MY SENTIMENTS EXACTLY...







I  hear the weather is going to be really nice this week.  Especially nice for sitting on the porch. Why don't you stop on by. We'll SIT LONG & TALK MUCH about anything your little ol' heart desires.

Ciao,



No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you...please leave me a comment!


Blogging tips