Thursday, January 2, 2014

PROJECT LIST 2014...

Happy New Year!!!

Well, 2013 is over.  It was a good year for getting things done around here.  We accomplished much; but still, much is yet to be done.  Someday I hope to be able to say that I have 'nothing' to do...However, after putting together my little list of projects for 2014, somehow I don't think that's going to happen...at least for a while...could be around 2020 before there is nothing to do here.  Just sayin'.  Of course that's what you get when you buy an abandoned historical home now isn't it.  LOL

Anyway, I do enjoy the work...or should I say I enjoy the finished product that all the work brings, so I trudge forward.  There's days when I feel I have lost my zeal and other days that I feel I could move mountains.  I hope to have more days in 2014 where I feel I can move mountains than not because after looking through my list of upcoming projects for the year, I may just have to move mountains to get it all done.  Now mind you that no one is making me do all this, but I have a drive to see this little house reach it's sweet potential.  Plus, I like a nice home.  There's no harm in that now is there?  With that said, let me share my little HUGE 2014 project list with you...




Whew!!!!  Do you think I can possibly do all this in one year?  I hope so but I guess we'll see won't we.  I promise to share my progress with you.

My first project for the new year will be to tackle the master bedroom.  This is the one and only room in the house that looks just how it did the day we moved in and the only room I have never shared on this blog. There is a reason for that...can you guess what it is?

























Whoa, is that blue or what?  Boy O Boy, the people who used to live here sure liked vivid, bold colors, didn't they?  Remember the Pepto Bismal pink stairwell...





and the horribly ugly green bath....




EWWW with a capital E!)

Every.single.surface in this room...the walls, doors, trim...EVERY.THING is BLUE





























and, well...that just makes me blue (hahaha) so that is about to change.  The paint has been purchased. The bedding has been purchased. Now I just have to get off my tuchas and get it done.  I hope to get started this weekend.  Be back soon!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

I LOVE hearing from you...please leave me a comment!


Blogging tips